The Smart Rowing program has been developed to improve performance and reduce the risk of injuries of rowers of all levels and ages. Using video analysis, we assess rowing technique on the Concept II Ergo and conduct a thorough musculoskeletal assessment.
We offer comprehensive services for rowers to improve their technique and performance while reducing their risk of injury. Smart Rowing aims to teach rowers management strategies and easy to implement exercise routines to prepare their bodies for the demands of the sport.
Our Smart Rowing assessment and treatment team is lead by exercise scientist Jo Francou. Jo trained at an elite level for over 10 years at the South Australian Sports Institute representing Australia as a lightweight at International U23, world cup and world championship regattas. Jo’s experience in rowing was the driving force to her becoming a Sports Scientist and Pilates practitioner and has lead to her dedication to help rowers build stronger more resilient bodies.
The Smart Rowing Program offers:
- Video analysis on the Concept II Ergo to assess technique, efficiency, posture and performance
- Musculoskeletal Assessments for rowers of all ages
- Strength and mobility Programs
- Injury Prevention Programs
- Communication with coaches provided the athlete has given consent
Smart Rowing is suited to:
- School rowers and school rowing programs
- Club rowers and Masters rowers
- Elite rowers